Author Topic: RAF Collection  (Read 9626 times)

may433

RAF Collection
« on: February 03, 2011, 10:53:18 pm »
I have just purchased the RAF Collection for FS2004.  I am using Windows 7; the installation program did not activate the scenery automatically and I had to manually add the scenery to the scenery.cfg.  I have activated all the relevant folders, namely:

Priority 1 - Scotland_Landclass
Priority 2 - ScotflightLibraries
Priority 3 - Scotland_Windfarms
Priority 4 - Scotland_Coastline
Priority 5 - RAF Collection

Some of the objects, however, are not displaying any textures.  This problem manifests itself at all 3 stations.  I have attached a couple of screenshots.  I would be grateful for your advice on how to resolve this problem.

Secondly, would you please let me know which files I have to move in order to de-activate just RAF Leuchars?  I only wish to see Kinloss and Lossiemouth.

iaing

Re: RAF Collection
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 08:04:20 am »
Hi Bob

Firstly our apologies that you are having this problem.
It's sometime since I checked out this scenery in FS2004 and following your message I have re-installed from the latest download and initially,  unfortunately ,  found the same problems as yourself.   This was certainly not the case at the time of release of the scenery so this came as somewhat of a shock.
At the moment I am not sure of what might have happened with the installation process but note that a scenery area for Scotflight Libraries is being set up and this is causing a duplication as the object library files are contained also within the main scenery folder.
We will have to look into this further but in the meantime please try de-activating the entry in your Scenery Library for Scotflight Libraries and see if this sorts the problem.  It seems to have at this end.
If this gets things going for you then I can get back to you later with steps to take to remove Leuchars.

IainG
Scotflight

may433

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 09:55:59 am »
Iain,

Thanks for such a prompt reply.  De-activating the Libraries folder has solved the texture problem.  Please note that there is nothing wrong with your Leuchars scenery, but I have been using a freeware version from ACG for some time now and would like to stay with it.

Regards,

John

iaing

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 10:16:46 am »
Hi John

As I said earlier it has been sometime now since I worked with the FS2004 install and I have actually managed to confuse myself in my attempts to get back to you.
I have now discussed the install with my co-designer Iain Murray,   who actually created the install and we have concluded,  after some further testing, that there is no Scotflight Libraries entry created by the FS2004 install.   Is it possible you have Scotflight products for FSX installed also?
The bottom line is that your ScotflightLibraries entry in FS2004 Scenery Library should actually be deleted.
Will get back to you on Leuchars files and also order for RAF areas in Scenery library.

IainG
scotflight

may433

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2011, 11:21:32 am »
Iain,

As I mentioned in my first post, the installer did not install; I had to do it manually.  When the package was extracted, it contained three folders:

RAF-FS2004
   - RAF Collection
   - Scotland_Coastline
   - Scotland_Landclass
   - Scotland_Windfarms
Scotflight-FSX-Std
ScotflightLibraries

There is no mention in your documentation of which directories should be installed or in what order.  I am quite experienced with FS2004 so installed everything, in the order I felt was appropriate, except the Scotflight-FSX-Std folder.

I do have the Scotflight Highlands & Islands package for FSX installed on the same PC.

John

iaing

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2011, 12:46:46 pm »
Hi John

The main thing is you are now seeing the RAF scenery displaying correctly,  however I should say that by default all Scotflight products are installed,  with Windows7,  to Program Files (x86)\Scotflight\ although you have the option to put the Scotflight folder somewhere else of your own choosing.  The two sub folders Scotflight-fsx-Std and Scotflight Libraries would actually be present in this Scotflight main folder before you installed the RAF package.  These folders are for your upgraded H& I for FSX.
We expect that your scenery .cfg is automatically updated with the installation and that is why the documentation does not specifically cover this.  We have carried out various test installations this morning and our scenery library has been updated each time under Windows7 so  you have been unfortunate in this not happening.
We would recommend the following order in your Scenery library:-
RAFCollection
RAF_Windfarms
RAF_Coastline
RAF_Landclass

Still to isolate files for Leuchars,  there is a few involved

IainG
Scotflight

iaing

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2011, 08:17:34 am »
Hi John

I have attached a list of files,  that removed,  should allow you to use an alternative scenery for RAFLeuchars,  together with Scotflight's Kinloss and Lossiemouth.

IainG
Scotflight

may433

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2011, 06:25:05 pm »
Iain,

Thank you very much for such a prompt solution to my problem.

John