Author Topic: Update for FSX photoscenery users  (Read 9903 times)

iaing

Update for FSX photoscenery users
« on: September 18, 2013, 06:33:03 am »
Hi all

Fsx users who have Vols 6 & 7 of GenX Photoscenery can now get a free update of our RAF Collection,  which makes the three airfields more compatible with the photoscenery.

Follow this link:-   http://www.scotflightscenery.com/Upgrades.htm

Iain
Scotflight

Mogget

• Email
Re: Update for FSX photoscenery users
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2013, 07:59:29 am »
Iain,

Is there a full photoscenery compatible version available for users who do not currently have the RAF Collection?

iaing

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2013, 09:17:12 am »
Hi Mogget

Our website product info is still to be updated to reflect the updated scenery and particularly the compatibility features of the product.
However if you purchase from this link then you will get the latest updated files and compatibility with GenX vols 6 & 7 :- http://www.scotflightscenery.com/Product1.htm

Iain
Scotflight

bluebell

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2013, 02:02:31 pm »
Installed and working great.  ;D

Tom

Mogget

• Email
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2013, 09:34:43 am »
Thanks, Iain. I have just purchased the RAF Collection, so I am looking forward to checking the airfields out when I get home from work :)

Mogget

• Email
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2013, 04:37:18 pm »
The RAF Collection package that I downloaded is 109MB, which is not that much smaller than the entire Scotflight Photo package (127MB). I noticed some names of files flash past as the extractor did its work, and they were related to places all over Scotland. I also note that I now have Scenery Menu entries for Scotflight RAF Landclass and Scotflight RAF Coast, and also Scotflight Libraries at the top. Is this correct? Why do I need a Landclass entry when I am using photoscenery?

Sorry to be a pest, but I just want to make sure that I have installed the correct package :)

iaing

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2013, 06:21:04 pm »
Hi Mogget

The package is large because it contains a selection of different installers and also covers FS2004 and FSX installations.
The Landclass and Coast entries are,  in your case,  dummy entries,  put there to assist the overall installation process.  A customer with FSX and photoscenery will have the appropriate package automatically installed for them and you will find if you look in the folders created within the RAFCollection install,  for Landclass and Coastline,  you will see that there are actually no scenery files there.
I,  personally,  had no hand in setting up the installer and what I have said is my understanding of what it is trying to achieve.
I hope you will find that the appropriate scenery is present on your system.

Iain
Scotflight

Mogget

• Email
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2013, 07:35:16 pm »
Thanks for the explanation, Iain. Based on your information, I think that everything will be fine. I just wanted to be sure!

birdmanmike

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2013, 05:04:39 pm »
you're confusing the hell out of me again. I got 2.5 photo, uninstalled the previous, and the RAF 1.3.  Installed 2.5 and then a patch (Scotflight_2.5_patch3Aug) for 2.5 then something called RAF134upgrade.exe.  This was early August.  Now got this RAF14Upgrade.exe and it says uninstall everything again?.  Do I uninstall current RAF whatever it is, uninstall 2.5, re-install 2.5 (and the patch) and then install RAF via this RAF14Upgrade.exe.  Which should I do first?
help please . . . I'm buried in keycodes from all these versions . . .   Mike

iaing

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2013, 06:14:38 pm »
Mike

I had no part in the making of our installer but reading the installation notes for RAF 1.4 you are asked to un-install your existing version of the RAF scenery, before applying the upgrade,  which is in fact a full version of the scenery.  You are not asked to do anything with Scotflight 2.5.

Iain
Scotflight 

birdmanmike

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2013, 06:31:00 pm »
yes but when you actually run the installer it says uninstall the Scotflight photo also.  I'll just uninstall the RAF and run the latest