Author Topic: New to the RAF Collection  (Read 7942 times)

JohnY

New to the RAF Collection
« on: November 20, 2009, 04:56:56 pm »
Hi everyone

First of all I wish to say what a fantastic job I think these air bases are.  They've got everything in and around them but the kitchen sink and its been done without any great hit on frame rates too.
Smashing! :)

However, there are two things I would like to mention but they may not be within the control of Scotflight.

Firstly, on my IFR flight from Leuchars to Kinloss this afternoon, I could have done without having to steer round the two trees growing in the taxi route to runway 27.  There was plenty of room but I couldn't help feeling they shouldn't have been there?

Secondly, ATC didn't seem to know where Kinloss was and despite several corrections and re-entries and saves in the flight planner they determinedly kept putting me on bearings that lead straight to Lossiemouth!

Finally, after ATC had refused to cooperate twice to change the distination, I flew VFR.  But I'm so very glad I did, because on approach and when I got down I realised what an absolute gem this airport is.

I think it's truly fantastic.

If anyone can solve the mystery of the trees and ATC aberation I would be interested to know.  But I'm not that concerned because of the excellence of the airports.  I should admit to running UTX at the same time, so I suppose that could have something to do with the trees if not the ATC.

That's it.  That's all I wanted to say. ;D

John
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 04:58:56 pm by JohnY »

iaing

Re: New to the RAF Collection
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2009, 06:32:29 pm »
Hi John

Much appreciate your kind comments.
I will certainly look into the two areas of concern you have mentioned and if there are changes to be made we will certainly update the package accordingly.

Iain
Scotflight