Author Topic: The future of Scotflight  (Read 4790 times)

cmoir

• Email
The future of Scotflight
« on: October 26, 2018, 12:53:50 pm »
Hi Iains

What it is, cant help but notice there has been nothing new from Scotflight for some time, and that's absolutely fine, its been good and your products have fairly enhanced my FSX and P3D experience, been in from the beginning and love your work in making FS Scotland so much better.

However, time and technology dont stop, late last year bought XP11 as a sim to grow into, still use FSX/P3D as my primary ones though, so was wondering if you plan to do Scotflight for this sim? bought ORBX True Earth, England south for XP11 last night and plan to test it today, but further ORBX XP11 vols will cover the entire UK in time.

I think those scenery's are planned for P3D, but definitely not FSX.

My question is, are there any plans for the future of Scotflight? if possible a rough road map.

No worry if its the end, thanks for all that has been provided to make virtual flying in Scotland a much richer experience.

iaing

Re: The future of Scotflight
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2018, 01:39:51 pm »
Hi

Don't write us off just yet!
We have some updates in the pipeline and also some new material.  Just lately some other things have been getting in the way but hopefully we will have something to add to existing product fairly soon.
As for X Plane I think it's fair to say right away that I don't foresee any Scotflight products  being made for this simulator.   Possibly the odd bit of freeware,  although at the moment I haven't got any further than looking at their demo.

IainG
Scotflight

cmoir

• Email
Re: The future of Scotflight
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2018, 11:15:22 pm »
Thanks Iain, look forward to future updates to Scotflight for ORBX FSX/P3D as I'll and many still be using these two sims for a good few years yet I imagine.

Hope one day you can look at XP11, it a far more user friendly version than any version I've tried before ... they are really getting there, demo available as you know, have True Earth England for it, next two volumes for mainland that will include all of Scotland will be released by early next year, then we'll know what enchantments a future hypothetical Scotflight XP11 might need.

Thanks for considering it.