Author Topic: ORBX Edinburgh for P3Dv4  (Read 5130 times)

cmoir

• Email
ORBX Edinburgh for P3Dv4
« on: October 30, 2019, 03:22:07 am »
Hi Iain

Considering buying this new scenery to compliment Scotflight ORBX, apparently its for the newer upgraded real life Edinburgh airport, know you have your own freeware for this airport too that is much appreciated, but if I were to try this, would I need to delete some Scotflight ORBX for P3Dv4 scenery area's too?

If I were to purchase the new ORBX Edinburgh it would sit down below in the scenery library with my other ORBX area's while Scotflight as recommended by yourselves sits at the top ... so it might not work is my concern or be a mish mash.

To put all that into perspective, own Scotflight for ORBX FSX too, own ORBX's Sumburgh as well, never installed it for FSX though as your version is just as good IMHO, but for P3Dv4 just looked up all the Scotflight files for Sumburgh and its code EGPB and deleted them and then installed ORBX Sumburgh and this seems to work without any glitches.

ORBX say they are providing photo real scenery for surrounding area of Edinburgh airport too, so not really sure if my old method would work this time .... it does look a nice rendition of the airport.

What do you think?

Thanks.

iaing

Re: ORBX Edinburgh for P3Dv4
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2019, 02:25:29 pm »
Hi

Scotflight for Orbx vols 1-5 does not include any files covering Edinburgh Airport or near surroundings.  As you mention our version is a freeware add-on,  separate from vols 1-5,  so if you have our freeware version installed you can either de-activate the scenery area or un-install completely.  An installed version of the latest Orbx version of Edinburgh should then run without an problems no matter where it is placed in the Scenery Library.
The Orbx version does indeed look very good and very detailed.  At the moment we are not looking to update our version,  rather concentrating on making a selection of the smaller airfields compatible with Orbx's TE Scotland when it becomes available.

Iain
Scotflight

cmoir

• Email
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2019, 09:29:58 pm »
Hi Iain

Thanks for your feedback., Merry Christmas and Happy Healthy New Year to you and family and all at Scotflight, thanks for all your great work over the years.

Sorry for late reply, just earlier this evening finally purchased ORBX EGPH for P3D (and XP11) and it does indeed blend in very well with Scotflight for ORBX, awesome :)

One thing though Iain, took this opportunity to fly from Edinburgh to Knockhill and I'm missing the new road bridge across the Firth? I just have the 2 original bridges ... fired up FSX and its there, a freeware package I think? I don't recall a freeware package to add the new bridge for ORBX P3Dv4?

I'm pretty sure I've bought everything for Scotflight for ORBX FSX and P3Dv4 ... I wonder how I can have the new road bridge across the Forth (The Queensferry crossing I think its called) for Scotflight ORBX P3Dv4 too?

While I'm writing, when I did arrive at Knockhill in my virtual helicopter ... noticed something I've been meaning to mention for a while, the track texture in P3Dv4 and FSX have normal middle road markings like public roads do, it should be just plain grey texture please, some grid start position markings for Bikes and cars would be nice if possible, but otherwise, just plain grey track texture would be fine ... I've raced Bikes there in the past and it just kinda spoils it a little for me. The FSX rendition has some static bitmap cars racing around, as you come in to land at the helipad it looks quite bad ... just a plain grey track texture would look much better I think ... small detail I know, but it would be nice please.

Thanks.

iaing

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2019, 02:21:28 pm »
Hi

If you are using Scotflight for Orbx with P3D v4 then you should be able to install the Forth Bridges freeware files and get a result although you would be required perhaps to convert two textures,  as far as I can see,  to make bridges fully appear ( I wasn't directly involved in making this addon ).
The textures involved are QCdeck.bmp and QCconcre.bmp.  These two textures will require to be converted to DXT1 extended bitmaps.  Any problems with this or the scenery not working fully,  let me know.
I have noted your comments on Knockhill and will try to look at this sometime soon.

Iain
Scotflight