Author Topic: Now Available - ScotIsles_Vol1  (Read 4567 times)

iaing

Now Available - ScotIsles_Vol1
« on: May 13, 2020, 06:39:51 pm »
Hi All

Now available on our 'Freeware' page ScotIslesVol1.  This is a package of twelve airfields,  all situated on islands around Scotland.  Enjoy the beauty of the Hebrides on the beach at Barra or go further north to the Northern Isles.  Full list of included airfields on freeware page.
This package is designed specifically to be fully compatible with Orbx TENorth and with P3D version 4.5 and version 5.

As this package includes scenery for Lamb Holm airfield,  anyone downloading this new package should delete entries for Lamb Holm from their Scenery Library and also delete the files for the Lamb Holm package.

IainG
Scotflight
« Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 10:35:33 pm by iaing »

AdrianWilliamson

• Email
Re: Now Available - ScotIsles_Vol1
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2020, 04:19:04 pm »
Hi Iains,

Many thanks for updating my favourite scenery for Orbx TE North - like visiting old friends! Although I'm also chuckling at the London traffic levels outside Tiree airport :-) I have your latest updates and will be installing as you release them.

I did see a typo in the ScotflightLicenceTES.rtf which you may already have corrected, but the airports' path should read "Scot2020\Airports\Scenery" rather than "Scot2020\Airports\Islay\Scenery".

As I'm running P3D 4.5, I have moved to using the addon.xml files in the Documents->~Addons folder and this works really well, as you can arrange for scenery to be visibly in the correct order without wading through .cfg files (especially when modified by Orbx). The tip that I've found works is to adopt a naming convention for your scenery directories that starts with a number e.g. "001 My Library Scenery"; "002 Scenery next layer up"; "003 Scenery top layer" and so on.

Then in each directory you can have a simple addon.xml covering the areas, for example for ScotIsles V1:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="AddOnXml" version="4,0" id="add-on">
  <AddOn.Name>Scotflight True Earth</AddOn.Name>
  <AddOn.Description>Scotflight for Orbx True Earth</AddOn.Description>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>Scenery</Category>
    <Path>D:\Scot2020\Airports\Scenery</Path>
    <Name>Scotflight TES Airports</Name>
  </AddOn.Component>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>Scenery</Category>
    <Path>D:\Scot2020\ScotLibs\Scenery</Path>
    <Name>Scotflight TES Libraries</Name>
  </AddOn.Component>
</SimBase.Document>

Entered using notepad (accept no imitations ;-) ). Hopefully this should work for others with the later P3Ds, a neat thing that no layer numbers and such correlation are needed - simples.

If you get as far south as East Fortune and the museum, I can give you the latest outside exhibit locations, although what the new visitor centre will look like and where it will be is still under debate :-)

Thanks again!

Adrian

iaing

Re: Now Available - ScotIsles_Vol1
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2020, 04:20:47 pm »
Hi Adrian

Good to hear you are enjoying our latest sceneries and many thanks for sharing your method for setting up your various sceneries with us.  Will certainly get in touch if we get around to East Fortune again.  Getting appropriate aircraft models might prove to be a problem.

Iaing
Scotflight