Author Topic: Coming soon--- Version 2.2 ScotflightFSXPhoto is now available  (Read 16643 times)

iaing

Re: Coming soon--- Version 2.2 ScotflightFSXPhoto is now available
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2011, 03:09:05 pm »
Hi Ray

I have spoken to the boss at Playsims and you should be okay if you haven't unwrapped the product.  Unfortunately if that is not the case then things are not so good.  Let me know how you get on.
From what you say you already have your H & I version upgraded to version 2.0,   in which case you can purchase the Scotflight upgrade to 2.2 which contains all the previous scenery from H & I and version 2 except that all the scenery within the Western Isles and Orkney & Shetland is now fully compatible with your two volumes of photo scenery.   There is also a lot of extra 3D object scenery and ferry services added within Orkney & Shetland.

Iain
Scotflight

mhl

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2011, 06:53:41 pm »
Hi Mike

There is a possibility of 5 volumes of photo scenery for Scotland,  certainly at least 4,  so yes it's getting complicated and I am trying not to think of all the possible permutations between photo and Scotflight. 
I have already started to look at the situation you have so hopefully,   if you leave things as they are for now,   it won't be long before we can give you an answer.

Iain
Scotflight 

Hokey-dokey ... I am waiting with bated breath for the outcome  8)

Mike L

Twister

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2011, 07:40:06 pm »
Hello Iaing
Thanks for pursuing the return of my disc to PlaySims. Unfortunately, I did not know that this product was the wrong one for an existing user of ScotflightFSX: this only became apparent when I unwrapped the box, inserted the disc and clicked on 'setup.exe'. Only then was the incompatability referred.  No reference was made on the box to this incompatability and Playsims/Store still make no reference to this when describing the product on their selling site.  Anyway, I've e-mailed Playsims - so we will see what happens.
Could you help me with locating the Product Key Code for my existing ScotflightFSX Vol2 : i have lost this and I will need it for getting an upgrade from Scotflight?
Ray

iaing

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2011, 08:19:43 pm »
Hi Ray

Could you please mail me direct and we can get you set up with a code.

Iain
Scotflight

Twister

« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2011, 12:14:20 pm »
Hi Iaing
I've got a reply from Andrew at Playsims; he cannot help me as I've unwrapped the product.  So I'll cut my losses and put it down to experience.  Do I now simply uninstall my existing "ScotflightFSX: highlands and islands" file, together with the "ScotflightFSX Vol2_ upgrade" file and install this later version that I got from Playsims ?
Ray

iaing

« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2011, 01:45:04 pm »
Hi Ray

What you suggest would leave you with no Scotflight scenery for Mainland Scotland,  which you have at the moment.
It is disappointing that our 'partners' Playsims are unable to view your situation sympathetically and as a goodwill gesture from Scotflight I will mail to you direct a link to download our version 2.2 upgrade,  which when installed will give you all that the Playsims product includes plus further coverage for Mainland Scotland.

IainG
Scotflight

Dallachy

• Email
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2011, 10:34:54 pm »
Well done Iain, that's real customer service. A shame others don't follow your example.  :)

Twister

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2011, 05:11:38 pm »
Iain - I am very grateful indeed to you for sorting things out for me when Playsims could (would?) not help, even though I've been a good customer with them since day 1 .  It was a very generous offer you made of a free upgrade direct from Scotflight.  I now have version 2.2 of ScotflightFSX and still have Mainland Scotland.  Thank you again .  Ray