Author Topic: Scotflight Vol.4 problem with "big cars"  (Read 7790 times)

derekmatthews902

Scotflight Vol.4 problem with "big cars"
« on: July 11, 2014, 03:49:25 pm »
Dear Scotflight,

I recently purchased FSX Airports and Landmarks Vol.4 (for photoscenery areas 6 and 7) and find I have "giant" cars parked on some airfields, e.g. Wick, Inverness, Oban, Dundee, Tiree, and Perth. There may be others I haven't checked yet, Aberdeen is OK. I also have some un-textured (black) caravans at Oban.
I've tried re-installing (twice) but no improvement. I've had a search around the forum but can't find any similar reports and so have I done something wrong or is there a fix for this?
A couple of screen shots are attached, hopefully.

DerekM

iaing

Re: Scotflight Vol.4 problem with "big cars"
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 04:45:55 pm »
Hi Derek

Not what you should be seeing.
I am suspecting some old libraries in place still.  Do you have other Scotlfight scenery active or have had Scotflight scenery in the past?

Iain
Scotflight

derekmatthews902

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2014, 03:49:32 pm »
Hi Ian,

Yes you're right, I have the RAF Collection "installed" and de-selecting the RAF_collection entry in the scenery library cures my problems with Vol 4.
I've searched my files and it seems I bought the software (V1.12) in 2008. I've since lost the licence key and so when installing FSX onto a new PC, just copied the original RAF folders from my old machine (hence inverted commas around installed above). As everything was working OK I assumed that was it, until I installed Vol4.
What's the best way forward from here? I can supply the e-mail address I used for purchase but it is my old work address and is now long obsolete. I also have a receipt number. I don't mind biting the bullet and buying the latest version, it'll probably be the simplest way out in the end!

Thanks,

Derek

iaing

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2014, 06:54:09 am »
Hi Derek

I can confirm your earlier purchase of RAF.
I need to find out what our latest installer has included with your VFR vol4 before advising on the best way forward.  Will mail you when I have more info.

Iain
Scotflight

derekmatthews902

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2014, 10:21:18 am »
Hi Ian,

Thanks, I'm more than happy to buy the latest RAF Collection if it's going to cause you a lot of hassle, I'm going to buy Vol 3 anyway and so ordering the two together will be no problem.

DerekM

iaing

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2014, 11:18:50 am »
Hi Derek

No need to repurchase,  we have a record of your earlier purchase.
I will be in touch with a link to re-download the RAFCollection.  I just want to check we are giving the right instrructions for the order of install first.  Should be in touch within next 24hours.

Iain
Scotflight

tomski

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2015, 01:59:25 am »
iain,

hate to resurect a thread, but...

i too, have seen large cars after an install of v3.1 .   However, the massive cars i'm seeing are floating in mid-air around some airpots.

have genx-vols4~8 installed and various throught the years incremental scotflight stuff.

is there a silver bullet for this ?

tom.

iaing

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2015, 09:09:59 am »
Hi Tom

I think we have established that the problem is brought about by having some out of date Scotflight Libraries files installed.
I would have to recommend a full re-install of Scotflight 3.1,  after completing an un-install of all the Scotflight versions you have at present and also a double check to make sure you have no files or scenery area entries for ScotflightLibraries left after your un-install.
Any problems with keycodes required for your re-install, then you can have your codes re-sent to you through our support.
I very much hope this sorts out the problem for you.

IainG
Scotflight

tomski

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2015, 03:18:23 pm »
Iain,

There was an old highlands and islands lurking about in there.
 All good now. Ta very much.

Tom.