Author Topic: XEDC Standard 3.1  (Read 7022 times)

nmurray

• Email
XEDC Standard 3.1
« on: April 14, 2015, 07:18:27 pm »
Can you check XEDC Ardelve (Eilean Donan Castle Seaplanes), the runway information is showing up as NorthWest - NorthEast. Probably should be NW-SE.

You have done a fantastic job around the Kyle of Lochalsh area. I am sure there was more than a couple of hours work involved there. Thank you for providing the free upgrade from 3.0 to 3.1.

TonyM

• Testers
    • Email
Re: XEDC Standard 3.1
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2015, 01:14:44 pm »
Hi,
I have checked my system and the orientation settings are correct.

It may be that I didn't supply Scotflight with the finished file. I have now forwarded it for release.

Regards,
Tony

iaing

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2015, 06:14:44 pm »
Hi

I have only been able to check this out now as I have been away for the last nine days.
From an installation of the latest release I do not see the issue raised in this thread.  All appears okay with me regarding the runway names.

Iain
Scotflight

nmurray

• Email
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2015, 07:46:54 pm »
From FSX 'Free Flight', selecting 'Eilean Donan Castle Seaplanes', the 'Choose runway/starting position:' options are correct. I can choose between Active, NW, SE and Dock 1.
What I should have explained is that I am referring to the Garmin Information. If you call up Airport XEDC on the Garmin you will see that the runway information is given as NW-NE both text and in the map also I now notice it is given as Concrete Surface.
So sorry about that misunderstanding, I should have made myself clearer.

TonyM

• Testers
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2015, 09:38:30 am »
Hi,
What you are looking at is a bug in FSX.

In order to create a runway that AI aircraft can use it has to be two things, solid and flat. The aircraft contact points also have to be set correctly so they show spray as an effect and not sparks. This is the reason for supplying a specially made AI aircraft.

The concrete runway is in name only to tell FSX that it is solid. Due to its width dimension it is actually below the minimum scale that FSX will render. In consequence you have a workaround that says "you can land on a solid surface but I'm not going to show it to you because its too small".

In respect of the headings you can have North/South and it will show exactly as created or even East/West. Change it to a number and it will be fine but, NW/SE or NE/SW although accurate will display incorrectly.

You have a choice, use North/South and know that it looks right but is in fact wrong or have it 50% right knowing its a bug and you will have to use your imagination for the other 50%.

Iain will be making a North/South version available shortly, however, if whilst lining up to land you notice the compass doesn't show North/South you will just have to live with it, its FSX and its far from perfect.

Tony

iaing

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2015, 11:13:42 am »
Hi

Attached is the replacement file referred to in the previous post.

Iain
Scotflight

nmurray

• Email
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2015, 08:12:24 pm »
Thanks for the explaination TonyM, I didn't realise it was so involved, thought it was a simple text change but know I know different.
Anyway thanks to you and iaing for the responce.