Author Topic: Trees  (Read 5690 times)

rich12545

Trees
« on: July 21, 2015, 01:33:53 am »
I just made a flight from Aldergrove to Castle Kennedy.  Looking at the runway to land I saw two trees in a row smack dab in the middle.  Since I don't think trees should be in the middle of a runway, I decided to write and let you know about them.

I am using FSX with the standard 3.1 (just now found out about 3.2, thank you for the update).  However, I have roads, coastlines and landclass disabled because I use orbx global with vector and openlc europe. 

iaing

Re: Trees
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2015, 12:41:16 pm »
Hi

Thanks for taking the time to get in touch,  however I should first of all point out that our 'Standard' version 3.0/3.1/3.2 is designed only to be fully compatible with FSX default scenery.  I have looked at the situation at Castle Kennedy with such a setup and I am not seeing any trees on the runways.  I don't have the Orbx products you are using,  so can't test with your setup but would venture to suggest that the trees are appearing due to these add-ons being used.  Assuming this to be the case then these trees are probably placed through 'autogen' and therefore could be removed with an exclude of autogen,  a fairly routine task using appropriate tools.

IainG
Scotflight

rich12545

Re: Trees
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2015, 03:33:51 pm »
Ok, no problem.  I understand this edition is made for a totally default setup and expect some anomalies.  It's impossible to make a separate scotflight for every setup.  I didn't know the cause of the trees and wanted to report.  In any case I found a field nearby in which to land so all is well.