Author Topic: Scotflight 3.13 Now Available  (Read 17143 times)

iaing

Scotflight 3.13 Now Available
« on: December 28, 2015, 11:20:59 am »
Hi all

We are pleased to announce a further update to our main Scotflight product.
Included are updates for both photo compatible scenery and also for customers using default FSX scenery.

For use with default FSX we have now added enhanced versions of Glasgow Airport and Aberdeen Airport and also a new airfield at Balado.  At Inverness Airport we have added new Search & Rescue facility and extra detail has been added at Sullom Voe Oil Terminal.  A few other minor modifications have also been made.

For our photo compatible version we have added new Gamma Aviation facility at Glasgow Airport,  Search & Rescue facility at Inverness. An updated main terminal building at Aberdeen Airport has been included as well as a new Bond hangar, also at Aberdeen Airport.

Also adjustments have been made at EGPS Peterhead to make this airfield display correctly in P3D ver3.  These adjustments are for both default and photo versions.

For existing customers there is an updater installer package available.  This update is free for our photo compatible customers,  but we are making a small charge for the update for default scenery version.

Iain
Scotflight

Mogget

• Email
Re: Scotflight 3.13 Now Available
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2015, 09:24:19 am »
I am experiencing a problem with the 3.13 installer. It is asking me to tick the version of Scotflight that I have installed, so I selected "version 3.0 or 3.1x Photo" and also "RAF Collection" for P3D, but I am getting the following error message....

"An existing Scotflight installation for the flight simulator that you requested was not found in the registry. Hence this install wizard is unable to proceed"

Any suggestions?

iainm

• http://flightsim.computing.dundee.ac.uk
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2015, 02:52:35 pm »
Hi,

"An existing Scotflight installation for the flight simulator that you requested was not found in the registry. Hence this install wizard is unable to proceed"

The installer looks for the Scotflight entry in the registry, and checks that the flight simulator you requested already has an entry, so that it can use the same install path as before. If it does not find this install path, then it does not know where to put the update, so it must exit. It appears not to have found it in this case for some reason.

If you have the Photo licence for the product, it might be easier to go to our Lost Keys page and re-download the full installer (you will get the 3.13 version) and run that instead:
http://www.scotflightscenery.com/LostKeyRequest.php

If you are familiar with using REGEDIT, it would be interesting (for debug purposes) to get a screen grab of your entry for HOST_KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Scotflight for FSX ... but if you are not familiar with REGEDIT, do not try this!

Regards,

Iain M.

Mogget

• Email
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2015, 08:26:19 am »
I do not seem to have an entry for the final part of that registry tree, Iain. In other words, there is no "Scotflight for FSX" entry in the "Uninstall" folder. I would prefer to solve this without having to reinstall Scotflight, if at all possible.

I find it difficult to understand why I had no problem upgrading v3.1 to v3.12 with the first patch, and yet this one is causing an issue. I guess the v3.12 to v3.13 patch needs to pass greater security checks?
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 08:29:44 am by Mogget »

iainm

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2016, 08:24:00 pm »
Hi again,

Yes, the 3.11 to 3.12 upgrade was fairly straightforward, the 3.12 to 3.13 is more complicated and needs to check where stuff was installed to.

I'm not sure why there is no registry entry for "Scotflight for FSX" but the easiest way to fix this is to re-install the full 3.13 package. You should not need to uninstall if you are re-installing to the same location and for the same simulator.

Potentially, you could "fake" the registry entry - let me know if you want to try this with REGEDIT and I can give you instructions.

Regards,

Iain M.

desL

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2016, 06:00:29 pm »
Iain M
I'm experiencing the same problem. I've had to get a new computer (Win7x64) and did a complete install of FSX (boxed).
I took your advice (above) and installed v3. I then tried to install V3.13 update and still get the message 'No FSX Scotflight found in registry'.
I don't know anything about computers, I'm afraid, so a step by step instruction as to what do now would be appreciated.
Thanks
Des.

iaing

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2016, 08:52:37 pm »
Hi Des

Can you please confirm what version you made the initial re-install with.  Prior to moving to 3.13 we have had versions 3.0, 3.1, 3.11 and 3.12.

Iain
Scotflight

iainm

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2016, 10:58:01 pm »
Dear Des,

I was suggesting that you re-download the full installer (via our Lost Keys page) - this will now give you a download of the full 3.13 version, so you do not have to upgrade anything.

If you have installed V3.0, you can't upgrade from there.

If you have installed V3.1, you can upgrade to V3.12 with the first patch, then upgrade to V3.13 with the second patch.

I hope that helps.

Iain M.

desL

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2016, 06:18:11 pm »
IainM
Sorry I didn't fully understand! Now have installed 3.1 then 3.2 and now have 3.3. I haven't deleted the Edinburgh folder in the hopes that 'standard' will soon need it!

Thank you for all the help.

Des

birdmanmike

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2016, 07:51:50 pm »
Iain, I'm another having serious problems .  I have 3.12 installed and can't get 3.13 to work as well. I can't get the full version via lostkeys because I have no idea when I purchased  original 2.1 or 2.2 but certainly at least two ISPs ago and 5 or more years - emails gone.  I have merrily upgraded 2.3, 2.4, 2.5 3, 3.1 etc, paying when needed with no problems.  I also had RAF (obviously no longer, but still needs ticking?).

I have at least 5 upgrade keycodes.  Control panel programs says I have 3.1 in FSX installed 05/10/2015 (after the 3.12 update).  I even did FSX then P3D then FSX again to get registry right . .  I have no uninstall entry in the registry though do have uninstall.exe in Scotflight folder with shortcut in start menu and it would work from Control panel as well
it's head-banging time . .

I have since tried complete uninstall, reinstall 3.1 version - successful, re-install 3.12 patch - successful, but trying 3.13 still gives no version found for this simulator in registry . . . yet it's there!

I should add that I use what I have labelled as 2.5 upgrade installer keycode successfully - so not lost key - where do I get the full 3.13 installer?

Mike
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 09:19:13 pm by birdmanmike »

iaing

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2016, 11:51:30 pm »
Hi Mike

I don't play any part in making up our installers,  so unfortunately can't  give any immediate advice on your problem.
We did thoroughly test the install process,  both for the full version 3.13 and the updater from 3.12 to 3.13.  The problems that we are seeing here were not evident in our testing.  As a further check I have just finished a full re-install of version 3.12 ( photo ) and successfully upgraded the install to 3.13 with the update,  without any problems.
Hopefully my co-designer will pick up this latest report of the problem and come to your rescue with at least a link to get a download of the full 3.13 install,  if not an answer to the problem that you and other customers have had.

Iain
Scotflight 

iainm

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2016, 11:01:13 am »
Dear Mike,

Still not sure about the missing registry entry - if you started with V2.5 or earlier, it possibly had a slightly different name so the update isn't finding it.

Anyway, cutting to the solution - as you have a Photo licence ... from the Upgrades page, select the "V3.0 Photo .... to 3.13 (free upgrade)" option - this will give you a link to the FULL 3.13 installer. Before running it, run the uninstaller on what you have just now and check that all the Scotflight files are gone. Then run the 3.13 installer and you should be "go".

And yes, tick the RAF Collection option, give it your RAF keycode when asked, and it will install the RAF airfields too.

Regards,

Iain M.

birdmanmike

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2016, 01:05:29 pm »
Iains, both -  thanks verily, that solved it (the 3.0 to 3.13 full).  Lobbed in my 2.5 keycode and the RAF one and all in OK.  Only still no Scotflight uninstall entry in Regedit, but that's no matter - at least till next update!

Thanks again,  Mike

desL

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2016, 04:21:22 pm »
IaianM,
Just a thought, I know nothing about computers. I am now very happy, but carefully checked Regedit. There is no mention of Scotflight.

I wondered if it has something to do with where Flight sim is installed. Several people have said I shouldn't put it in Progsx86 so I made a separate folder on C called flightsim and installed it there.

Perhaps your installer expects to see it in the default installation folder, and maybe the others that are having trouble have put it somewhere else as well.

Des

xr219

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2017, 11:51:41 pm »
Hi IainG,

Hope your well. I'm just getting back into the sim after a good few years off. I've bought 3.13 tonight, but I'm getting a strange error. When I try to extract the zip file (using the built in zip functionality in Windows 10) it says there are CRC errors and fails to extract the installer. I've tried unzipping it with 7zip, which reports 2 CRC errors, but does actually extract the files. However, when I run the installer after extracting with 7zip, it generates the error below.

Installer integrity check has failed. Common causes include
incomplete download and damaged media. Contact the
installer's author to obtain a new copy.

More information at:
http://nsis.sf.net/NSIS_Error

I know its been some time since this file was generated, but it looks like it might be corrupt. Is there any chance you could send me a link to a working file please?

Many thanks,

Ben