Author Topic: Default scenery problem  (Read 11640 times)

Mogget

• Email
Default scenery problem
« on: August 13, 2013, 05:56:05 pm »
I have just noticed a large rectangular patch of default scenery is visible east of Edinburgh. This sticks out into the sea near Craigleith and Bass Rock islands. At the same time, I have also noticed that most of one building at the Archerfield Estate airfield is invisible (only part of the roof, and some smoke from the chimney is being displayed).

Disabling SCOTFLIGHT PHOTO in the Scenery Menu solves the first problem, so something in Scotflight 2.5 must be causing the default scenery to be displayed at this location.

I have attached two screenshots to illustrate the two (probably separate) problems.

TonyM

• Testers
    • Email
Re: Default scenery problem - Not a Scotflight Problem
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 07:25:53 pm »
I have checked both the house and land in the sea and with 2.5 installed correctly neither appear as Moggets pictures.

I should add that going inside the house there is no internal roof structure to make it visible as his picture

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Regards,

Tony
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 08:15:42 am by TonyM »

chasordod

• Testers - ORBX
Re: Default scenery problem
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 09:28:33 pm »
I am seeing the same as Tony with the area around Craigleith and the Archerfield building displaying as they should.

Charles

iaing

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2013, 09:57:28 pm »
Hi

I concur with the two previous posts in finding np problems at the two situations highlighted.
It is also worth mentioning that the house which is appearing with most of it missing is actually a FSX default library object,  leading me to believe that Mogget has,  in some way,  a broken FSX install.

Iain
Scotflight

Mogget

• Email
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2013, 08:22:00 am »
That doesn't sound very encouraging. I will have to see if I can pin down the problem myself, because the default scenery problem vanishes when I disable Scotflight Photo in the Scenery Menu. Unfortunately, I can't recall whether the "invisible house" problem existed before installing Version 2.5. However, I know for certain that the default scenery problem did not exist with Scotflight Version 2.4. I visited the Archerfield Estate airfield very recently, and I would have noticed it.

I am not aware of any other problems, so I am reluctant to go down the "reinstall FSX" route without further investigation.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 08:33:28 am by Mogget »

iaing

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2013, 09:18:57 am »
Well,  it's hard for us to 'pin down' your problem when we are not finding it.
The product was extensively tested before release.
It's not very encouraging from your point of view when a FSX default object does not display correctly. That should be cause for concern with your install of FSX.
I assume you did un-install version 2.4 before updating to version 2.5?

Iain
Scotflight

Mogget

• Email
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2013, 08:45:46 pm »
Yes, I uninstalled version 2.4 before installing version 2.5. I appreciate that you do not have much information to work with, so I will have a think about what to do. I will let you know if I find a solution.

Mogget

• Email
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2013, 09:02:15 pm »
I have identified what is causing the default scenery to appear on my PC. It is the CVX_CraigleithFix.BGL file. That's interesting, because I installed this file when it was not part of the Scotflight install itself, and it didn't cause any problems.....

EDIT: After thinking about this, I suspect that I may have added the CVX_CraigleithFix.BGL file separately, and put it in the wrong place. It is now in the Addon Scenery/Scenery folder, and seems to be working fine.

I have also noticed that another one of the buildings at Archerfield Estate is invisible (with only the roof being displayed). Can you possibly tell me which file in FSX the default house is in? It may give me an idea of the source of the problem. Thanks.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 09:14:43 pm by Mogget »

iaing

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2013, 10:32:58 pm »
Hi

The CraigleithFix file was a fix for GenX Vol 7 and as such I have the file located in Vol 7/Vectors/Scenery which I would think was the intended place for it to go.

You will need to identify the location of the other building that is giving problems so that I am giving you correct info.

I stand corrected with the other building that is not displaying correctly for you.  It is actually our own model and is textured by Thatchedcotage.dds which should be present in ScotflightLibraries/Texture folder.

Iain
Scotflight

iaing

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2013, 07:25:45 am »
Tom

You are right.  This reported problem has nothing to do with any installer and the default scenery problem is not,  in fact, a Scotflight problem as outlined in Mogget's last post.

Iain
Scotflight

chasordod

• Testers - ORBX
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2013, 07:39:58 am »
Small typo, I think, Iain - the Craigleith fix is, I believe, for GenX Volume 8, not Volume 7. I have it in Volume 8 vectors folder where it has worked fine for some time.

Charles

Mogget

• Email
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2013, 09:10:46 am »
Thanks, Iain. I will check it out tonight. The other building that is invisible on my PC is a white roofed building that is close to the 07 threshold. If the problem persists, I will try reinstalling Scotflight 2.5. I will let you know the outcome.

As for the Craigleith fix, I am betting that the correct version is in the Vectors folder (as you have indicated), and that I added the original fix without thinking that it would already have been installed!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 09:15:52 am by Mogget »

iaing

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2013, 09:30:17 am »
Hi Mogget

In response to your PM,  the file you are looking for in the ScotflightLibraries is lib_miscFSX.bgl and the file size I have is 3568KB.
You mentioned another problem building but have not given any further details.

Iain
Scotflight

Mogget

• Email
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2013, 09:50:27 am »
Thank you very much, Iain. The information that you provided has helped me to solve the problem. I checked the Lib_MiscFSX.bgl file on my PC, and it was only 3.21MB (it should be 3.48MB). So I decided to reinstall Scotflight 2.5, and now Archerfield Estate has been fixed (including the other building that I mentioned). In fact, it seems that I was also missing a hedge!

I guess this can be put down to one of those weird "glitches" that happen now and again. Blame quantum mechanics ;)

Thanks for your (and everyone else's) help.

TonyM

• Testers
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2013, 08:13:29 am »
Tom,
You are posting in the open forum not the beta tester forum.
Tony