General > Scotflight for FSX

VFR Photographic Scotland South + Scotflight Standard?

(1/2) > >>

Cruachan:
Hi Iain,

Apologies if this has been answered before, but I have finally worked out how to release some HD real estate and have decided I am now in a position to introduce VFR Photo Scenery Scotland South Vol 8 + Treescapes + Scotflight-Photo to my Prepar3D installation. You knew it would happen eventually, didn't you?!

My understanding is that Scotflight-Photo 2.4 provides full airfield coverage for Scotland. Does this mean I can proceed with this install in the certain knowledge that those airfields not fully blended with scenery outside Vol 8's coverage will still be there and available to me now even though Vols 4, 5 and 6 have yet to be installed at a later date?

I am assuming it is not possible to combine the Scotflight Standard installation with the Scotflight-Photo without the tedious manual removal of the relevant Scotflight Standard airfield files that lie within the VFR Photo Scenery Scotland South Vol 8 boundary.

Hope you don't mind me asking. Just felt I needed some clarification before proceeding with the removal of Scotflight Standard.

Best regards,

Mike

iaing:
Hi Mike

If I am understanding your immediate intentions correctly then we actually do not currently have a product to suit your requirements.  Our 2.4 Photo version will only give you airfield compatibility with default scenery in the one area not yet covered by Horizon GenX and therefore requires all current volumes of the photoscenery to be installed for all remaining airfields to display correctly.  Our versions have followed the order of release of the GenX volumes and version 2.31 has Scotland-South airfields photo compatibilty but this also requires the Western Isles and Orkney/Shetland GenX to work correctly.
We have a product covering all airfields in Scotland-South but this is meant for use by prospective customers who do not have our full Scotflight product.
We are aware of this anomaly and are planning a 'super' installer which will give more flexibilty to choose to use only some of the GenX volumes with Scotflight with our 'Standard' scenery available for other areas.
I hope we might be looking at that once we have our current product updated to cover the forthcoming release of GenX vol7.  From our side of things I hope that will not be too long away.
We can't speak for the GenX product :-\

Regards
Iain
Scotflight

Cruachan:
Hi Iain,

I must be thick. I've read your explanation several times and I'm still confused...must be my age. Ah well, Vol 8 is installing right now and at the current rate I reckon I've got several weeks to work this out..lol.

Let me try again from a different angle:

1. Scotflight-Photo 2.4 will provide only those airfields in Scotland that lie in areas covered by installed volumes of Horizon GenX. All other areas will continue to display default scenery and airfields, if present.

2. The Central Belt of Scotland will continue to display the default scenery/airfields until Horizon and Scotflight provide coverage.

3. There is no way at present to use Scotflight Standard to provide airfield coverage in those areas not covered by Horizon GenX installations.

4. The most straightforward solution for me would be to raid the piggie bank and get Vols 4,5 and 6 and use them along with Scotflight-Photo 2.4 which will ensure full airfield coverage apart from the Central Belt.

How am I doing? Any closer?

Regards,

Mike

iaing:
Hi Mike

Apologies if I have not given a clear explanation.
However your points 1-4 do cover the present situation,  although,  as mentioned,  you could also use our photo version 2.31 if you add GenX Vols 4&5 to your Vol 8.  In this case the areas covered by Vols 6 & 7 are covered,  within version 2.31,  by default compatible airfields.

Regards
Iain

Cruachan:
Hi Iain,

Okay, that's what I'll do.

Many thanks!

Kind regards,

Mike

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version