Author Topic: VFR Photographic Scenery Scotland Mainland Volume 6 - Scotland North  (Read 7202 times)

Cruachan

Hi Iain,

Sorry to be bothering you with this, but I wonder if you could clarify a couple of things for me, please?

It has taken quite a while, but I have finally installed all 4 volumes of the GenX Photoscenery. Volume 8 had been installed first a week or so ago as it had been my intention to leave it at that for a while. However, I was soon persuaded to spring for the other three volumes + Treescapes Vol 6 and 8. I will be purchasing Scotflight-Photo 2.4 in the next day or two.

So, the GenX stuff has been installed in the following order: 8, 6, 4 and lastly Vol 5. Treescapes will soon follow.

I haven't run Prepar3D as yet to check all is well. I used the FSX to Prepar3D migration tool to create a virtual FSX installation and everything appears to have installed correctly including all the relevant entries in Prepar3D's scenery.cfg file.

My question relates to the GenX Vol 6 install. Just before the install completed I was faced with a message asking if I had Vol 4 installed. At that time the answer was, of course, No. The message also stated that there is a file on DVD 1 with instructions as to how I could, in effect, respond in the affirmative at some future time when Vol 4 had been installed. I searched DVD 1 and no such file exists! I presume this has something to do with blending the boundaries where Vols 4 and 6 meet. My assumption is that my response in the negative at the end of the Vol 6 install means that Vol 6 is currently configured as if default scenery lies beyond the boundary between Vols 6 and 4.

I tried repeatedly to post this query at the Playsimspublishing forum, but something is blocking my attempts:
--------------------------------------------------
General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Table 'psp_board.spam_words' doesn't exist [1146]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.
-------------------------------------------------

I've mailed the Board Administrator but have yet to receive a response.

So, Im wondering if you have come across this issue between Vols 6 and 4 and can advise me, short of a reinstall of Vol 6, how I resolve it, assuming there is anything to resolve, that is.

Secondly, am I correct in concluding that product registration of the GenX Vols 4 and 5 is no longer required. I tried, but the address provided with each product is no longer valid and I can find no product registration link at Playsimspublishing.com.

Thanks.

Kind regards,

Mike

iaing

Re: VFR Photographic Scenery Scotland Mainland Volume 6 - Scotland North
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 08:42:01 am »
Hi Mike

I would suggest having a look at what is installed by flying over the scenery.  Check out particularly the border area with England.  I believe there were separate install routines for Vol8 depending on whether you had photo scenery for England or not.
In the meantime I will seek advice from persons who are better qualified to answer your questions.
On the subject of Scotflight,  you should be aware that you can upgrade your 'Standard' version to version 2.4.  You do not require to purchase the full product.

Regards
Iain

Cruachan

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 09:42:33 am »
I would suggest having a look at what is installed by flying over the scenery.  Check out particularly the border area with England.  I believe there were separate install routines for Vol8 depending on whether you had photo scenery for England or not.

Yes I was asked this question with the 'Yes/No' response option at the end of the Vol 8 install. I don't have any of England Photoscenery installed so my response was 'No'.

In the meantime I will seek advice from persons who are better qualified to answer your questions.

Thanks, I'll wait to hear from you...or from those other folk.

On the subject of Scotflight,  you should be aware that you can upgrade your 'Standard' version to version 2.4.  You do not require to purchase the full product.

Wow, thanks for the heads up! Just in time  ;)

Regards,

Mike

TonyM

• Testers
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 10:20:19 am »
Hi Mike,
Firstly can I say as a Moderator over on the Playsims forum I am sorry to hear you have had problems posting.

I have checked your authorities and they are working OK this morning. I was able to post a test message and you are shown as having made two previous posts.

Can I ask that you try sending me a PM message on Playsims.

As Iain has said Volume 8 will check to see if you have Volume 3, (Northern England), installed. There are a couple of files that need to switch depending on the answer being Yes or No. The files are on the Volume 8 DVD to allow manual install at a later date.

The quick way to see if your install has worked is in top down mode. Zooming in or out will quickly reveal if the area is correctly covered in photo scenery.

If you think you have a problem a screen shot submitted with your question will get you a faster reply as I and the other forum members can then see what you see. Please also look at the 'Quick Fix' entry on the forum for problems found and resolved after the product went on sale.

In respect of Registration this was only required for Version 1, Volumes 1-3. All versions and Volumes after that simply require you to provide proof of purchase if you require replacement media from whoever sold you the discs.

If I can help further please contact me.

Regards,

Tony

Cruachan

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 07:55:45 pm »
Hi Tony,

Thank you.

I have done as you've asked and sent you a PM at Playsims Publishing.

Kind regards,

Mike