Author Topic: Just Flight VFR NexGen 3D  (Read 7464 times)

Dallachy

• Email
Just Flight VFR NexGen 3D
« on: October 04, 2019, 08:17:21 pm »
Very early days I know, but I wondered if you know what the compatibility is like with the new Just Flight photo scenery / autogen product?

iaing

Re: Just Flight VFR NexGen 3D
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2019, 08:55:13 am »
Hi

This has appeared a bit sooner than I expected.  Don't have the Scotland product so far,  so can't comment on compatibility with any of our products.  Will need time to consider our approach to this.   There should be another similar product in the offing.
I have viewed a demo from Just Flight's NextGen of part of the Lake District and would perhaps suggest that anyone interested in their product for Scotland might want to view that.

IainG
Scotflight

Dallachy

• Email
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2019, 10:39:02 pm »
Thanks Iain.

I haven't bought it yet, but I am considering it. I tried the demo of the Lake District and I think the autogen buildings look ok. Might be different when in an area I know from real life though. It would be good to know what the aerial images look like, some of the Horizon / Playsim ones around Glasgow in particular were pretty poor.

iaing

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2019, 10:22:15 pm »
Hi

My concerns with the demo for Lake District was in the terrain where I saw problems with elevations,  particularly around some water features.
We are expecting a similar product in due course from Orbx and comparing the Just Flight product with the already available Orbx product for England South we are seeing much better colouring and autogen coverage with the Orbx product.  If Scotflight customers are telling me that they are using the Just Flight product then I will certainly look at overall compatibility.  A very important factor is the placement of the imagery and if that happened to be a match in all available photoscenery products then that would be a bonus.

IainG
Scotflight

secatur

• Email
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2019, 05:24:49 pm »
Hi
I have installed VFR Real Scenery NexGen 3D  Vol. 4: Scotland from Just Flight using P3D v4.5 and scotflight scenery 3.14 under win10.

I get a scenery.cfg file error - "Could not find scenery area 138s local scenery directory: E:\scotflight-fsx \scotflight\scotflightlibraris\scenery".

Any comments ?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2019, 05:49:52 pm by secatur »

iaing

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2019, 08:26:01 am »
Hi

Was the version of Scotflight you are installing downloaded some time ago?

With regard to the Just Flight product I have been working with that over the last few weeks and have to advise that it is not compatible with our current Scotflight products and from what I am seeing would take a massive amount of reworking to make full compatibility happen.  To be honest I don't find the Just Flight product to be compatible within itself,  with poor placement of autogen buildings and trees.  I am in touch with them at this moment regarding missing object and texture.

Iain
Scotflight

secatur

• Email
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2019, 02:05:24 pm »
Thanks Ian

I used the Scotflight software that I downloaded this week !
I am now going back to my Horizon product which I used before.
When I ran the Just Flight product it showed a stretch of land at the Erskine Bridge.
I turned on Scotfligh and got a ghostly bridge on top of the land across the Clyde.
Not looking forward to the hours of work to unload and reload my software.

Donald

iaing

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2019, 11:26:27 pm »
Hi

I have checked the lie of the land at the Erskine Bridge with only Just Flight's product activated and although the river is there it is going up and down hills.  The bridge itself is represented by a default extrusion version.  I have found other issues with water masking elsewhere and together with the poor placement of trees and buildings has forced me to request a refund.
Hoping for better things from Orbx ( see their announcement today )

Iain
Scotflight

Dallachy

• Email
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2019, 11:44:32 pm »
That's really interesting to hear, as I'm still considering buying it. Any comments about the quality of the imagery compared to the Horizon product?

iaing

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2019, 08:01:07 am »
Hi

I have my money back on this one and will not say any more than I have already.  I am now looking at the offering from Orbx in relation to how it fits with our own products.

Iain
Scotflight 

Dallachy

• Email
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2019, 10:05:44 pm »
Thanks for the replies Iain. Having tried the demo around Kinloss, I've decided to hold off for the moment. Never tried Orbx, so I may take a look at that instead.

Pete