Author Topic: Product Info clarification  (Read 5073 times)

autoqs

• Email
Product Info clarification
« on: March 03, 2012, 04:26:43 pm »
Please can you confirm the following for me.
I have been using Scotflight for FS2004 for the past few years (I think I had bought it from Visual Flight ?) .  I also had FSX along with Scotflight V2.1 Photo installed, but due to under performance from my machine, only really used it for flying over Western Isles ,etc.
(I think I bought the original v2.0 Scotflight for FSX product and then upgraded to V2.1. )
Having just upgraded my machine , I am now running FSX and have just installed Vol8. Its great, but I hadn't really noticed all the Scoflight for FS2004 features that are missing from V2.1
e.g. animated Falkirk Wheel , Mosmorran ,etc. Are they deliberately missing , or do I have a duff install ?
If deliberately, will they be "back" anytime soon ?
(checking your product info page, there are obviously loads of objects for FS2004 which are not yet in your various FSX collections.. )
I am hoping to just have 1 FS install , but am now thinking I am going to have to re-install FS2004 again ...
So , to clarify my question ... will there be a release ( anytime soon ?)  which will have the Scotflight 2004 feature list available in FSX ?

Sorry for the long winded question.... but those FS2004 features along with the FSX Vol8 scenery would be getting big thumbs up !

iaing

Re: Product Info clarification
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 11:39:43 am »
Hi

We are close to releasing an update to Scotflight Photo version which will address compatibility with Volume8 of photoscenery. 
This initial update will concentrate on making the airfields within the area fully compatible,  with some other features added also,  such as major bridges, windfarms and custom ferries.  The Falkirk Wheel is there as a default object,  but we will try to replace this with our animated version.  Scenery for Mossmorran,  Grangemouth Refinery and city centres etc will be added as we go along.
Yes,  the FS2004 version has more non-airfield features at the moment but at the same time you are getting significantly more airfields in the FSX version,  so it's a bit of a balancing act.  The content in FSX will continue to be added to for all areas as we progress to achieve full photo compatibility.

Iain
Scotflight 

autoqs

• Email
Re: Product Info clarification
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 05:42:46 pm »
Iain , thanks for the clarification. It sounds quite positive to me - I'd rather wait that wee bit longer and have it done right ..    :)